Sunday 16 March 2014

Random miniLOG Update #2

Yes, I finally got my prototype PCBs. As I mentioned, they were provided by electronics-lab.com. You can see an entry about my project on their website here

The PCBs were made by Seeed Studio. They are 1mm thick and look quite nice.


This is what the assembled prototype looks like:



I'm currently testing all the hardware on the board. So far I got the MCU running, managed to talk to the 74HC595. Also the DC-DC converter works quite well, so does the voltage reference.

The board currently uses way too much power, that's why I need to consider underclocking the microcontroller to 4MHz.

I still need to get the ADC and SD card working, I haven't had much luck with that so far.

I already have a few ideas on changes I want to make on the board, a blog post about them coming up soon.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Jakub, This sounds like an great project, keep us updated on your progress.
    regards Ian

    ReplyDelete